Monday, April 5, 2010

today was quite an amazing day...well not really , just that i found out i have a twin in korea ! hahha
so here's the story:

i went to The Bay with my mom, dad and grandma cuz my grandma wanted to buy bathroom curtains. The floor they had that in was really deserted , there was no one there. It was completely empty. When we went to go pay , there was a Korean cashier there. My grandma can't speak English very good so she was asking the cashier if she knew chinese. She was like "No , I'm Korean" Since my mom is such a korean fanatic , she got really excited and said "hello" to her in korean. My mom told the lady that she watches a lot of korean dramas and they were just making small talks. The Korean lady turned to me and was telling my mom i was pretty and cute (LOL) , she probably thought i was 14 or younger.
She asked me how old i was; i told her i was "21"
she was like "so you were born in 1989 right?" i nodded. She was saying "just like my daughter"
She asked me when my birthday was, i told her it was in january.
she got excited, she said, "my daughter's birthday is on january 29"
i was thinking 'NO WAY!' i told her "really?!? My birthday is on the same day"
we both (all-including my mom and dad) gasped. it was strangely coincidential.
Then she was talking to my mom asking her what time i was born, hahha
She was telling us how she misses her daughter back in korea and that she had to tell her about me.
After we were finished paying and about to leave , she walked out of the cashier area and said to me "i have to give you a hug"
it was so cute. I can tell that she really missed her daughter a lot. she was telling me that she would remember my face and hope to see me around.
it really was a moment to remember for me. i have NEVER in my entire life met or heard of anyone with the same birthday as me, let alone the year and around the same time too.
It's almost like having a twin ! I hope i'll meet her one day , that would be amazing :)
or maybe i'll visit my twin's mom sometimes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment